Saturday, August 15, 2009

It's been a while...

I know that I haven't blogged at all since the weekend I moved in but I don't know how exciting it would be to read about. I will tell you a little bit about this weekend though, but not until after I say that I had quite the adventures in obtaining a Kansas driver's license and a Kansas license plate. Long story short, I tore the house apart in order to find my passport which I finally found out was already in my car since I moved down here. I also loved the three different places I needed to go in order to obtain those two items.


Also I should mention how much I enjoyed all the company I had a couple weeks ago. I'm embarassed to say that my camera was not used once during that period. First thanks to the Krugs as they were "on their way" to South Dakota. Thanks for making Kansas on the way. It was an absolute thrill to hang out with you.
The weekend after that was the first installation. Thanks to my parents, Emily, and her parents for coming to visit and help out around the house.
On to this weekend!

Friday I spent watching a movie and later wanting to get out of the house. I decided it might be fun to go see downtown Kansas City at night. Driving in the city looked pretty cool but I'll have to search for a place that one can sit back and appreciate the view for a few seconds. The interstate is not too friendly for that. I ended up at the plaza and tried to take a few night photos. They didn't really turn out well but here you go anyway.

This one is for Emily.


This one is for Margaret.

Saturday was spent at the lake with a few families from Bethany. As if that wasn't exciting enough it only got more crazy. I got home to hear a chirping. My smoke detector was going off. I went to check my carbon monoxide detector and it too was going off (though I'm not convinced I didn't trip that one). Low and behold, at this point a second smoke detector was going off. I decided at this point to call the fire department and ask them what they suggest. I'm not really sure what was going on with the smoke detectors, but they detected no levels of carbon monoxide with their testers. I'm really unsure of what happened but I am ok and I thank God for that.

Now it's finally time for bed before the second installation at the South church.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like an exciting weekend. So sorry we were not able to make it out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete