Sunday, July 26, 2009

Kansas City, Here I Come!

I know I've said it before, but there is no turning back now.

On Wednesday I had lot of help from family and friends to pack up the truck. Though I had been dreading the day I actually had to leave I was doing alright until the shortest helpers came. It's easy to say that the most difficult part of this whole process has been leaving behind my family and friends. To all of you, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the fun times that I've had with you and all the help you've been this last week and the 26 years preceeding that as well.


Oh yeah! Don't forget to take good care of a certain zebra plant that might still be in Wisconsin!

Driving down in three vehicles was the activities on Thursday afternoon. Again, I was very thankful to see family, short and tall, for lunch before we left. Driving was thankfully uneventful.

Friday afternoon we finished the trip into Kansas and closed on the house. This was a rather surreal moment during the move. I don't know that it really hit me until I was actually in the house.

Thanks in great part to help from my new neighboring state I was shocked to say that the truck was completely unloaded by dinner time on Friday. Needless to say I was excited that I'd then be ready to get rid of the big yellow truck on Saturday instead of Sunday.

Thank you also to the help that showed up Saturday to move the piano and all the other boxes that surprised me the day before.

Now it is time to unpack boxes and so far I haven't found any newly broken items. Thank God for that.

To all in Wisconsin, my heart is still there. I've been alone in Kansas for approximately 35 minutes and already I miss you. If you are ever looking for somewhere to go, consider driving down here. My door will always be open to visitors.

God bless you all and please pray for me during this transition.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Peter! We were all happy to help! And, althoughh we're not the people you're really missing, you might want to know that some of us will probably be trying to come out for one of your installation services. By the way, I love your house, it has character to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics, Pete! Congrats on the house. Peace in the new surroundings. Blessings upon blessings....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter, Tim took Emma to a Brewer's game Monday night and she enjoyed it! Thanks again for providing the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete