Saturday, September 19, 2009

As Promised...

As I previously promised I'm going to do my best to add a post at least every week that contains some photos of what I've been up to.
I'm fortunate enough to say that I've had a good deal of visitors in my time here in Kansas. Emily and her sister came down this weekend. Arriving Thursday afternoon we enjoyed a delicious IHOP dinner and trip to Walmart. Once at home we tried our hands at tie-dying. My hand remained blue throughout all of Friday at school.

I wasn't the greatest host on Friday as I was at school from 7 in the morning until about 10:30 at night due to girls volleyball games, but I had fun there as well. It's been very clear so far this year that the girls eat, sleep, and breathe volleyball, so having the opportunity to see them play and succeed was pretty cool.

When I got home it was time to untie the shirts and pillowcases that we dyed. Margaret's heart design shirt turned out great. My guitar design turned out alright. Somebody else got upset about another design.

Saturday was the first day we were able to sport our new shirts. Well, only 2/3 of us were really excited for that. We enjoyed lunch at the Kansas City's famous Arthur Bryant's Barbecue. Here's a picture of the groovy shirts that got shown around the town.

Below is Emily and myself in front of the famous barbecue pit.

After lunch we went down to The Plaza to see a movie that was so bad I don't even want to admit to seeing it on the internet. (Finally) the movie was over and we walked around The Plaza a bit. After enjoying a bit of Cold Stone I have to say that Wisconsin Cold Stone employees sing much better tip songs than KC employees. Here are some Plaza pics.

It's been a fun and enjoyable weekend and as always I thank my guests. Like I always like to say, guests are always welcome. If you haven't been here yet let me know when you want to make the trip.

2 comments:

  1. Count me in for a visit next year some time, spring or late summer methinks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! party when melanie comes!! we're in!

    ReplyDelete