Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday America!

Happy Birthday America!  You are officially 234 years old! Don't worry.  You don't look a day over 220.

Today was possibly the biggest holiday that Emily and I have spent away from Wisconsin so far.  We didn't exactly have a whole lot of plans so I'll tell you a little bit of what we did before and on this date to celebrate Independence Day.

A couple weeks ago Emily and I visited a site that I've beeneager to get to in Kansas City, The World War I Museum at Liberty Memorial.  I've been hearing since I moved down here how amazing it is and I must say that was no exaggeration.  The outdoor memorial itself is an icon in KC but it can't tell half of what you'll find once you get inside.  If you are ever in the area I highly recommend you make this one of you musts on your to-do list.

We came back to Liberty Memorial on Independence Day and crossed the street to see Union Station.  We had no real reason to go other than just trying to find something fun and cheap to do.  They have a miniature train display at one end that is sure to capture the imaginations of any youngsters.  You'll also find (for a fee) a dinosaur exhibit that we did not go to, but they lurk throughout the entire building.  Pretty cool day for no price.  So when you come to KC and go to the World War I Museum, be sure to cross the street and check out Union Station as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment