Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wisconsin Trip



Last week it was great to make it up to Wisconsin to visit family and friends.  What we originally thought would only be a weekend turned into a long weekend.  That turned into an extra long weekend until we finally realized that it would become an entire week.

While up there we were able to attend Emily's cousin's wedding.  It was actually the first wedding we have been to since our own in November. 

I was also excited that this weekend also gave me an opportunity to check off a goal that I have had for myself the last several years.  The day after the wedding I participated in the Bigfoot Triathlon at Bigfoot State Park in Lake Geneva, WI.  I was most nervous about the swim but was able to get through that with a much shorter split than I had previously thought I would be able to do.  Not only that but my expectation of being the last one in my division out of the lake was apparently not giving myself enough credit.  That's right folks... THIRD LAST!  All in all it was a lot of fun.  I was also very excited to have Emily and my parents there to cheer me on.

The rest of the week included Cecil Cooper bobblehead day, grilling brats with the family, and just hanging out and having a good time.  So far the highlight of the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment